Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm currently in the library trying to study chemistry. Judging by the fact that I'm blogging right now, I guess it's not going well. Really I took a break because I need to head out of the library and over to my calculus class to retake a skills quiz, but first, I felt the need to write about why I can't concentrate here today. I came here around 9 and secured my favorite spot, where no one usually sits, and it was empty for the first two hours or so of my studying. A few minutes ago, two men came in, and not only did they pick my corner to sit in, but they sat on opposite sides of me so that they could then whisper something in lebanese to eachother across the room for the first five minutes that they were here. Now, one of them has become tolerable and is just sitting and reading, but the other one I want to punch inthe face. He set up his laptop on one table, and put his coat down on another, taking up two like an asshole, and even worse is the fact that he's not even doing anything here. He sits for maybe 30 seconds, gets up, paces, walks around, sits back down, scribbles on a post it, gets back up, repeat. Now for the most part this is annoying, but motion out of the corner of my eye should not be very distracting. The distracting part is that every time he sits back down, he coughs or clears his throat, or whispers something in lebanese to himself, then he sighs as he gets up, andthe chair creaks, and all of these little noises continue to occur in the same cycle. I want to punch this guy in the face not because of his annoying habits, but because he is subjecting me to them for no reason since he is obviously not doing anything productive by being here. I hate people. Ok, I'm done. I'm going to do calc.

1 comment:

  1. what a douchebag.

    sadly i can relate. its 1:46am and im trying to cram for my 9am final. your fat cat has decided to lie next to me and insists on snoring loudly every 10-15 seconds. her ears are twitching and she's passed out on the remote control, which fortunately is preventing me from watching tv, but the incessant snoring and ear twitching are very distracting. i too want to punch her in the face.

    just kidding!!! i love sassy. its only distracting because shes so friggin cute.

    ReplyDelete